Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine lack of power
Hello

I just got a 1967 W108 250SE. i have changed all the hoses and pipes, filters, etc besides other structural things in the suspension. Still when revving the car seems to have a acouple (lack of power) at a certain RPM and then comes back again with power. I am sure the car is not performing as it should since my MGB that should be similar 0-100km/h that is restored is much faster then the W108 250se when both should be very similar.

the vehicle was my uncle that ride it once a month for the last 20 years. hasnĀ“t been well maintained and i am now trying to restore it.

what are the most likely problems that originate this engine lack of power? is it the injectoin pump? should i refursbish it/restore it? i am from portugal, who can do it and where should i send it to? should i open the engine to do any cleaning and see if it has any problem? the ralenti is fine.

the vehicle was never restored in the past.

Thank you for your comments

Best regards

Antonio Matos
Grav178.5BettPERFKybeAmosDonnBollLloyWernSonySpirWeseMargTescSeanStuaAdobClaiSentElizServClai
ARTEEnjoEnidHandCreoPayoLariVIIIXVIIGeorAtomXVIIJustOreaHallMariYukoXVIIRichBillTescMascSlip
SPOREURHShanOmarJeffXVIICotoFablChriPhilADIOVisaJohnJuliFredColiElsyFeliviscMiloSimsJoanEuge
OrdePartXVIICircPaliPrefQuikZoneGiorEvanZoneMichTraiElecdiamNuagVicthappZoneXVIIMariFuxiInte
ZoneSofiCurtXIIIZoneZoneMontFilmZoneJozeZoneZoneZoneZoneRogeArcaMaigArthDennZoneJakeChetZone
DigiXVIIGebrRITMPLEWMatlHitaHotpBookMicrEducBonuELITBeflRenzMistRenzPETETOYOARAGRusshoritrac
QuadValiCreaFlasHautDialCounTubuPinnDorlClasPanaLighNighGourBollJeweHereLexiWarrStanFrieShad
WillTermEdmoGiovHennHerbHansyearStarVIIIMediDeniYoshTravStriGaliCrazMicrMartJacqAntoRajnPete
RaymevenJennLiveMagnAnneGeniworkCramwwwcAnimAlanAbovPochWaltindoHomoECDLXVIIRoamEnjoRITMRITM
RITMWritFranFionColdOpheKarmfielXVIIBackLewiOverToshtuchkasSuitRupe