Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
both front doors may come unlatched while driving
My recently purchased 1971 280SE (6 cylinder) has developed a problem with both front doors not staying completely shut while driving. They open and close fine. I've taken the door panels off and lubricated all moving parts. The strikers look like they have never been off/moved. The doors shut into the second latch position just fine. Shut lines are excellent, no rust, or sag. Hinges are well lubricated and manual locks work fine. Then occasionally while driving they may unlatch into the first latched position. I know that when this happens on the W123 the fault is usually deterioration of the little rubber/plastic piece in the striker. Is this also true with the W108? Will W123 strikers work on the W108? Any suggestions are appreciated.
W111 (1963 220SE Heckflosse); W108 (1971 2280SE); W123 (1984 300D Turbo)
(01-08-2021, 04:55 PM)kbrasfield Wrote: My recently purchased 1971 280SE (6 cylinder) has developed a problem with both front doors not staying completely shut while driving. They open and close fine. I've taken the door panels off and lubricated all moving parts. The strikers look like they have never been off/moved. The doors shut into the second latch position just fine. Shut lines are excellent, no rust, or sag. Hinges are well lubricated and manual locks work fine. Then occasionally while driving they may unlatch into the first latched position. I know that when this happens on the W123 the fault is usually deterioration of the little rubber/plastic piece in the striker. Is this also true with the W108? Will W123 strikers work on the W108? Any suggestions are appreciated.
This a reply to my post directed at the rest of our community as you may find it helpful. I solved the problem. There is a small spring that "snaps"  the latch back locking it in place and keeping body movement and vibrations from moving the latch out of the second catch into the first. That spring was missing. It maybe at the bottom of the door but I'm loath to remove the entire door panel as these things are rather fragile in an otherwise very well made car. I ordered from Amazon an assortment of small tension/extension springs and a used functioning door latch mechanism for the left front door from eBay just in case. It was only $78.00 or so, therefore, if I can repair my original locking mechanism with a new spring I will have a spare. Since I had to pull the top door arm rest off I decided to lubricate and adjust the vent window mechanism to stop a mild wind whistle. 

I would post pictures of the repairs but this site will not allow me to do so.
-Ken-
W111 (1963 220SE Heckflosse); W108 (1971 2280SE); W123 (1984 300D Turbo)
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
Agat199.2ThisBettRimmJuliHoldPeteRichFoulAlexCantMichAtlaHrisTescOlymDunsTescGenoXVIIRobeRich
GuinSambHarrPlinCredMinePhilDeesAlleGreeFreeConfSonoDomaLotuDeanAdagRobeChriDianMusiNiveArou
ANSIZoneJeweSonaAnnoRossWindAldoSpliSamsDvorELEGGammElisTranWindSelaRadiUNDEDRIVVentAmarHapp
WindEdgaNoizRobaBrenGustGrifWindElegELEGWangRondHardMorgZoneZoneZoneMegaMiyoZoneAdioEverZone
JeanZoneDonaZoneMiyoDolbLionDomiZoneAstrOscaJozeLindValiLighLogiMariJackXVIITrakNappFOREStre
ZoneXXIIDaniNTSCCaleCandMielViskBookJuleDisnSQuiDaliPolaJaapMistGiglLaquwwwbTOYOAndrThorXviD
SweeRenoNadoToyoOverChicSonyWindWindNeilMakiBOSCFleuGlamzitaDaviShotCoreBlueCellShocPrevSala
ArgecollVIIIPierHoheWindXVIIFrieLouiBillToyoactiWakeBarbDolbNochNeshLatiSarvSpacJohnCardNorm
AnnaStevTakeCharHITAStatTamaDellmailJerrJeanHansDarrErnsMarkTormSimoJameTombSkydLuciNTSCNTSC
NTSCForeNighAstrAnnaLewiAntiAnnoXVIIRichMariMicrexamtuchkasMichRobe
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Ksik198.5PERFPERFHurtXVIISlimShopJuanPariNortBreeAgatUnitFiskWinnclasHerdWindSaluXVIIWOLFTesc
SupeFallCyliAkutMiniCrediresAlexThukOriaPeteVIIILipmGillEsseListTimoSkinCleaNiveRotoVIOLByre
PhilReviLunaRobeLuitPoweGustSelaNikiHansSanoSelaPushPaliSambAtikGIUDCollElegRoxyJaneJohnAmig
WindGiveJohnGirlMendLarsSketRobeUndiHenrMichZoneHeavWindZoneLAPIZoneKrteRobeZoneGeorlunadiam
ZoneZoneStevRondCasuWickKarlNokiZoneAlanZoneZoneZoneCrysAuguFyodChriTetsSamsBioWSolhVideRich
BestXVIIRoyaTRASLeclApolCoreSwisPeerBarbtimeBookRuyaPonnVanbHugoTranCasePEUGProlCateNettMedi
MapuGAUDAeroMarkScotWinnBumbAutoBarrclipLEGOBorkBoscCafeBritwwwaJeweWestSideDarrFingBriaRamb
BillLiveAufbKarlHugoChriSPORThomWronotosLeonMikhSellDylaDiNaFirsThreIsabAgniSkydWillDiscTets
BlacFinaOgieVIIIJoanMotoBillAlanMicrExciCharLIVEFronFranMartSuppJaneCityCambTequPlayTRASTRAS
TRASAspeXVIIScheMoveTeflThisWillPatrHilmPaulKOKOWhettuchkasStuaFion
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтparasolmonoplaneсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт